Followers

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Alpha and Omega (2010)

2010's Alpha and Omega is one of the few animated films from Lionsgate productions.  In my opinion, if every animated film they put out is done with the quality of this one, they need to stay even more sparse in this category then they have been.   Alpha and Omega stars Justin Long, Hayden Panittiere, Dennis Hopper and Danny Glover.

I am going to keep this review short and simple.  Alpha and Omega is a film you can skip and not worry about what you may be missing.  The only two positives about the film is it had a solid story concept, and decent voicing.  Other than that everything was bad or worse.

The animation was horrendous.  Parts of the film were extremely jumpy and made it feel as if it were a low budget film with horrible frame rate.  The colors and blending were bad.  Parts of the film looked so bad I couldn't believe I was watching a 20 million dollar budget film.


Even though the story concept was good it was translated very poorly into the final product.  Parts of the story seemed to just jump to the next with no outro from the last or intro to the next.  The filming mirrored this concept as scenes transitions were almost non existent besides a quick fade in and out.  The script was not near as good as it should have been with this solid of a concept.  One of my least favorite parts is the movie looked as if it were intended for children, but the script had so much adult humor in it that it couldn't be cleverly masked as in Shrek or any of the 3 Toy Story films.  I would not want my children watching this as there are some phrases used I would not want them repeating.

Well if you are still reading this I am surprised.  The only way I would recommend you watch Alpha and Omega is if you are hurting for an animated movie REALLY bad or you want to see one of Dennis Hopper's last films.  I am giving Alpha and Omega a 2 star rating.  Ciao for now and see you for the next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment