Followers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Death at a Funeral (2010)

Last nights film was 2010's Death at a Funeral.  So, do you remember in my last blog about the film Nothing Like the Holidays?  I said that film was saved by the incredible cast due to its mediocrity.  Well, Death at a Funeral also had a stellar cast.  It, however, was not as salvageable.  I am giving Death at a Funeral a 2 star rating.  Lets look at casting/acting, script and enjoyability.  This will be another short review folks, just like my attention span for this film.



Casting and acting. Casting was incredible.  You have big names such as Chris Rock, Martin Lawrence, Danny Glover, Keith David, Zoe Saldana, James Marsden and Tracy Morgan.  How can you go wrong with a cast that good?  Well, watch the film and find out for yourself.  Acting was alright.  90% of the film was acted just fine.  There were a few parts that just sucked though.  It seemed as if they forgot how to act in a few scenes.

This leads into our next category, script.  The premise of the script was alright at best.  I was truly disappointed by this film.  About half way in, I lost interest and started playing with my son's monster trucks.  Yeah, I really did.  Oh sure, there were a lot of clever one liners, and some interesting scenes.  For the most part the movie just plain did not hold my interest.  Scenes were too long, and you are left just waiting for a resolution that after awhile you are scared will never come.

Wow, that last line pretty much summed up enjoyability eh?  The flick seemed to drag on for quite some time, even though it was relatively short.  The proof is right here folks, even an incredible cast can only do so much for a garbage movie.

I told you this was going to be a short one.  Even though I have seen almost every Chris Rock movie, I'm telling you that you don't need to waste your time with this one.  As always leave comments, follow my blog above, and share to your favorite social networking site below.  Ciao for now and see you for the next review!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you started playing with his monster trucks huh? I failed to notice that one, but it might be because I was falling asleep. haha.

    Spot on with this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I almost watched this movie today then i remembered you did a review on it and after reading your review i decided against it. so i watched Whip It with Drew Barrymore i will recommend that movie to watch and do a review on.

    ReplyDelete