Followers

Monday, December 13, 2010

Bounty Hunter

Good Evening!  Tonight's review is 2010's Bounty Hunter staring Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston.  The only reason I saw this movie is because it became available to view instant on Netflix.  Truthfully, I did not want to waste the space in my queue and I was hesitant to even watch it tonight.  It turned out to be pretty much what I expected, but it was entertaining.  For this I drug myself to give it a 3 star rating.  I will be covering acting, storyline, and enjoyability in tonight's review.



Acting was what I expected for the most part, not the best.  I have never been a fan of Aniston, and perhaps that skewed my perspectives a bit but she really is not what she is built up to be.  The best part of her is her looks, and trust me they were exploited in this movie.  She seems to only have a few facial expressions, and she acts the same in most movies that she is in.  Bounty Hunter is no exception.  Enough about Aniston, lets move on to Butler.  What happened to him?  When I saw him in 300 I was truly impressed.  He was absolutely incredible.  The same goes for Gamer and Law Abiding Citizen.  I think Gerard needs to stick to action, where at least he seems to be a good actor.  These sappy cute chick flicks just don't suit him.  Sure he is handsome and a cocky bastard and those are two qualities for a good chick flick lead, but in my opinion he doesn't fit.  Take The Ugly Truth for example.  He was a complete jackass, and that is what the movie called for.  He fit the part, but his acting talent just does not come across unless it is a high octane hardcore guy flick.  Throughout the movie he seems as if he is stuck in a box and wants so badly to escape.  The tiger inside of him that makes him a decent actor just becomes caged and tamed, and all the jerky cocky rugged handsome he can muster just can't overcome.

**Spoilers below**

Storyline was what it was.  Very predictable, but that is what you expect right from looking at the box with this movie.  You could tell the whole time that they would get back together in the end, no matter how many trials and tribulations they had to go through to get there.  I was surprised by where they made the movie end however, I did not think they would get back together in jail.  Butler punches a cop so he can be thrown into jail with Aniston, who he delivered there just minutes prior.  Mixing enjoyability in to storyline, I was impressed by both.  They scripted in some very clever parts, mixed with some albeit dry humor the movie was entertaining.  I did think however that the best acting in the movie came from the small supporting roles.  The characters Dwight, Kitty, Bobby and Teresa were all very well acted.  If it were not for them, acting alone would have brought this down to a 2 star review.
Even though it was a highly predictable both fight until the end and then make up and get back together film, they did script in some clever, funny and differentiating scenes.  Jennifer tased Gerard in the bathroom to escape him, lit a road flare in his trunk to escape another time, and when the tides turned found a shotgun in police evidence and shot at the bad cop holding him hostage to rescue him.  Oh how cute!  They were both, at separate times, handcuffed to the bed, and Aniston drove a stolen golf cart into a pond.

All in all, if you are looking for a highly predictable, but cute light and fun story it may be worth your time to check out Bounty Hunter.  Acting was not the best, but storyline and enjoyability bring this up to a 3 star movie.  As always, follow my blog up above and share to your favorite social networking site below.  Ciao for now and see you for the next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment