Followers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wrecked (2010)

Wrecked has an almost solo cast staring Adrien Brody.  Wrecked has the feel of a few of the recent films I have reviewed staring Brody such as The Experiment and The Jacket.  Well, I can't find my review for The Jacket, perhaps I didn't do one?  Anywho this is yet another film to add to the list of off beat films Brody has done.

Brody's acting was incredible, as usual.  Being pretty much the sole character in a film Brody really needed to act well to keep us entertained.  He is able to do that with the pair of his incredible acting ability and a solid script with events that keep us entwined.  The picture shows the only other character that is in more than once scene, and that is Caroline Dhavernas.



The concept of the film is very basic, Brody wakes up to find himself in a car that has gone off a cliff and he can not remember what happened.  The film is the story of his attempt to survive and struggle to remember what happened.

Here again we have another independent film that is well acted, well filmed, great script and amazing result.  Let's give another props to independent films and I'll keep the reviews coming!  I still can't figure out why so many independent films are so amazing, yet so many big or HUGE budget Hollywood films are so pathetic.

For the amount of restraint that had to be put into the film to not rush it, I was very surprised that the ending was rushed.  This has to be my only complaint about the entire film.  The end pops up out of no where and leaves a few questions unanswered.  I can not put those questions here as they are spoilers, but watch and you will see.

Well, for a movie where not a whole lot happens comes a short review.  I am giving Wrecked a 4 star review.  If you are looking for a good easy to watch suspense film with out all the shooting and drama and car chases then Wrecked is for you.  It is on Netflix view instant at the moment so I suggest you go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment