Followers

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Joneses (2009)

Tonight was Netflix view instant night because we watched our mail movie last night.  I decided to pick one of the new arrivals to instant view, The Joneses.  While the movie was back from 2009, it was just added to view instant.  This movie stars David Duchovny and Demi Moore, with Amber Heard and Ben Hollingsworth co-cast.


The concept of this movie is brilliant, and quite frankly scarily believable.  I am not quite sure how to not spoil the concept, but still make it interesting enough for you to want to watch it.  How about none of the four of them are actually related, and they are paid to act like a family to increase company profits.  Also, I would not doubt the fact that something like this could actually be happening.  Now, go watch it and find out the rest for yourself.

Acting was quite good.  I have like a lot of David's stuff, and most movies I see him in make me wonder why he is not in more.  Demi has not been in a film that I have seen for quite some time.  I was impressed by her as well.  Both of their "kids" were cast and acted very well also.

Script was very solid.  I did not find any holes in it as it was the case with last nights review of The Last Airbender.  In the beginning, I thought that would be a horrible job to have because of what happens near the end of the film.  I am not saying I was able to predict the end, in fact I did not think it would actually be in the film.  On the contrary I just thought in a real life situation something like that could happen.  The fact it was in the movie just made me like the script even more.

The intro to the movie was great.  You start by seeing them move into a new house in a new neighborhood, and they look like a happy family.  The day sets and then in a surprise act you see the two go to sleep in different bedrooms.  At first though you think..."ok, well some couples do that.  Its something weird to put in the movie but lets see where its going."  The further the movie goes on the more you catch on to the real plot behind the story.


The only real complaint that I had is the movie felt to progress very slowly.  It seemed as if it were a very long hour and a half movie.  I was confused at the same time because so much happens in the film it is hard to believe it was so slow feeling.

At the risk of dissapointing the few readers I have, I do not want to go into more detail for the fear of spoiling the film.  I do think it is a film worth checking out, and it is on Netflix view instant so go add it! I am giving The Joneses a 3 star rating.  It is a good plot, unique concept, good acting and good script.  It was a bit slow moving, and there really was no good emotional reaction hence no 4 star upgrade.  Please click above to follow my blog, leave comments and share to your favorite social networking site below. Ciao for now and see you for the next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment