Followers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gun (2010)

50 Cent and Val Kilmer star in 2010's Gun, a movie about small time arms dealers trying to take it to the next level.  Gun was available on view instant, and it happened to be the shortest movie in our queue at the moment.



Acting was decent in the film.  50 Cent played a thug character, as he does in many of his films.  Val Kilmer...wait, what the hell happened to Val?  Anywho, Val did a fine job as well.  I was not fond of the look of Val in this film, but it did fit the character he was playing.

The script was decent, the actions and locations seemed to fit the storyline.  Filming was decent as well, there really was not any bad scenes.  Storyline and concept of the movie was good, but I think it could have been executed a bit better.  This could be due to the very limited experience of director Jessy Terrero.

I only have two problems with the film.  The first problem is the ending.  They left it so shady that I was not even sure what happened.  I was unable to tell if somebody went to jail, didn't go to jail or got let out completely or just got a shortened sentence.  I don't want to spoil it, hence the discretion.  The second problem is more of an entire film problem.  I felt as if Val's character was so secretive and not forthcoming that 50 would have never trusted him, let alone trusted him more than his current crew members.  You are able to tell right from the beginning that he is hiding something, but you don't find out until the middle of the film.

Overall Gun was a decent film.  If you are looking for a shorter movie to add to your queue, you are out of movies to watch, or you are a gangster/50 Cent/Val Kilmer fan then the movie is not a bad choice at all.  I am giving Gun a generic 3 star rating.  I thought it was an ok film, but there was a lot that was missing from it.  I know my wife (who does not like any films of this nature) probably would rate it a 1 star.  If violence and guns and gangsters are not your thing, then don't add it to your queue (or don't take it off the store shelf for all you old school peeps out there).

Please leave discussion, click above to follow my blog and share to your favorite social networking site below.  Ciao for now and see you for the next review!

1 comment:

  1. There are some movies of this nature I don't mind, this one just freaking sucked, that's all. It was BORING! The script didn't have much going on. It was too slow moving, and like you said, Val's character was too secretive, to the point where I was annoyed. Ok, we get it, he has a secret. They seemed to go a bit overboard. The audience will get subtle hints, you don't need to hit them over the head with it! I thought there were a few characters that acted worse than I've seen in a high school play, and the girl's character was just atrocious. From the first time she came onto the screen her acting was just horrible. Her boss wasn't much better either.

    There wasn't much that kept my interest throughout the film. Val's "secret" was supposed to be the hook that kept audiences wanting to watch but even that didn't have me caring what happened. I wanted to come browse the internet or even would have probably rather watched kittens jump around on you tube. There's at least a little thrill there, the kittens might bump into something, or scratch the cameraman. More potential for an interesting storyline or even some action scenes.

    Yep, you called it, one star for me.

    ReplyDelete