Followers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Takers (2010)

View instant tonight was 2010's Takers with a huge star studded cast.  Members included Paul Walker, Matt Dillon, Michael Ealy, Chris Brown, Jay Hernandez and Zoe Saldana.  In most aspects, the film was as solid as the list of names you see above.  There were some weak points, but overall a decent run of the mill thriller-suspense.


Acting was pretty strong.  I was most impressed with Paul Walker.  He only did his "signature" talk to fast ramble like he has no idea what he is doing once near the end of the film.  Besides that one time he was pretty solid the rest of the film.  Let's be clear on what I mean; I am not saying I am impressed with his caliber of acting but I am merely saying I am impressed with his development from some of his previous films.

I have never been a Chris Brown acting (or singing for that matter) fan, but he was alright.  Similarly, I have never been a Matt Dillon fan either.  Dillion has impressed me with two films if memory serves, this would be the second and Crash is the previous.  Crash still holds strong with me for one of the strongest emotional scenes ever.  If you have not seen it, do so.  I was not impressed with T.I.'s acting.  Everyone else in the film performed dutily, nothing of major note however.

Filming was one of the strongest parts of the film IMO.  Camera angles, lighting and angle techniques were on the mark.  Fight scenes seemed realistic and well played out.  My only complaints about this were how the transports fell into the hole (very unrealistically), and in the end how Chris Brown and Michael Ealy's last scene played out.


Short review here, but that sums it up.  Good film to check out if you don't want something you have to pay full attention to.  I am giving Takers a 3 star rating.  Ciao for now and see you for the next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment