Followers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Legion (2010)

On recommendation from a gore magazine, tonights film is 2010's Legion with Paul Bettany.  The magazine article talked about the upcoming film Priest, and suggested Legion as it has the same lead actor and the same director.


Legion has good and bad of pretty much every aspect of the film.  Legion is a B-list film with mostly B-list actors and actresses in it.  Paul Bettany is the actor of note in this film.  I was very impressed with him, as I have been with many of the smaller roles he has played.  I do not know how he is not bigger than he is.  Hopefully Legion and the upcoming Priest will help propel him to A-list status.

The actor I was most unimpressed with was Dennis Quaid.  He has been one of my favorite family film actors, and has had a truly remarkable career.  Legion was not among his usual high quality acted films however.  I felt as if he was the weak link in the film, and ended up bringing it down.  Lucas Black, of Tokyo Drift fame, also had a poor performance, but it was similar to the aforementioned film and perhaps it is just his acting style that sucks.  Legion also had Tyrese Gibson, as well as Adrianne Palicki, Charles S. Dutton, Willa Holland and Kate Walsh.  It was a well casted film for being a B-list flick, and most of the acting was pretty good.


Special effects and filming were the same story.  Most of the film was good with believable effects, while parts of it just seemed too fake or unrealistic.  Filming was very good in my opinion for a B-list film, I felt as if it were a major budget flick.  As I said I think it was the special effects in parts that brought the feel of the movie down, not the filming.  I was impressed with the overall feel of the movie.  Being a dark gore suspense film, I enjoyed how the scenes were lit.  The camera angles and position of the characters added to the suspense and enjoyability of the film as well.

Overall I am giving Legion a 3 star rating.  Most of the film was good, including acting filming storyline script and effects, but there were some downfalls and weak points.  If you are into darker suspense films, with a gore twist I would recommend Legion as a good film to check out.  Once you watch it, come back and tell me what you thought!  Ciao for now and see you for the next review!

1 comment:

  1. Ok i just watched this yesterday. I did not like it i agree with everything you have to say about it. I also felt like the first 40 minutes drug on for a very long time and just wanted them to get on with it. I did not like how it ended...

    ReplyDelete